2 March to 8 March 2020: Jagran Josh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease with Current Affairs Quizzes section. The week’s updated quizzes cover topics such as new Finance Secretary, T20 International rankings and new summer capital of Uttarakhand among others.
1. The RBI has issued a withdrawal limit of Rs 50,000 for the account holders of which bank?
c) Yes Bank
d) IndusInd Bank
2. Who among the following has been appointed as the Chief Information Commissioner?
a) Devendra Yadav
b) Bimal Julka
c) Ashish Tripathi
d) NK Vaid
3. Who among the following has been appointed as the new Finance Secretary?
a) Ajay Bhushan Pandey
b) Atanu Chakraborty
c) T V Somanathan
d) Tuhin Kant Pandey
4. How many artists were honoured with the annual Lalit Kala Akademi award by President Ram Nath Kovind on March 4, 2020?
5. Which court lifted RBI’s ban on trading in virtual currencies?
a) Supreme Court
b) Delhi HC
c) Allahabad HC
d) Bombay HC
6. Which Indian women cricketer has topped the latest women’s T20 International batting rankings?
a) Poonam Yadav
b) Deepti Sharma
c) Smriti Mandhan
d) Shafali Verma
7. Who has been newly appointed as BCCI’s selection committee chairman?
a) Vinod Kambli
b) Javagal Srinath
c) Sunil Joshi
d) Atul Wassan
8. Which place has been designated as the summer capital of the Uttarakhand?
9. What is the name of NASA’s rover for Mars Mission 2020?
10. Which international magazine has included Indira Gandhi in the ‘100 Woman of the Year’ list?
11. Rajeev Suri has announced his resignation as the CEO and President of which multinational telecommunications and information technology company?
12. The World Bank has announced how much aid package to help countries combat coronavirus outbreak?
a) USD 10 million
b) USD 12 billion
c) USD 10 billion
d) USD 90 million
1. (c) Yes Bank
The Reserve Bank of India has capped the withdrawal limit of Yes Bank account holders to Rs 50,000. The bank will not be allowed to pay more than this amount to any account holder- savings, current or others.
2. (b) Bimal Julka
President Ram Nath Kovind administered the oath of office to Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) to Bimal Julka. Bimal Julka is a 1979 batch retired IAS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre.
3. (a) Ajay Bhushan Pandey
Ajay Bhushan Pandey, a 1984 batch IAS officer, has been appointed as the new Finance Secretary of India. He will succeed Rajiv Kumar, who retired from the position in February 2020.
4. (a) 15
President Ram Nath Kovind conferred the 61st annual Lalit Kala Akademi’s awards upon 15 artists at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on March 4, 2020. The award aims to recognize individuals who have made outstanding contributions in the field of art.
5. (a) Supreme Court
The Supreme Court in a recent ruling allowed trading in virtual currencies such as Bitcoin, lifting the ban imposed by RBI in 2018. The RBI had imposed restrictions on the banks from facilitating banking transactions for virtual currency exchanges and traders.
6. (d) Shafali Verma
Shafali Verma has been ranked at the top in the latest ICC women’s T20 International batting rankings. The 16-year-old is the only second Indian woman cricketer after Mithali Raj to top the women’s T20 International rankings.
7. (c) Sunil Joshi
Former Indian spinner Sunil Joshi has been named as the chairman of BCCI’s national selection panel. He was appointed by the BCCI’s Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) in Mumbai on March 4, 2020. The CAC comprises RP Singh, Madan Lal and Sulakshana Naik. Former Indian pacer Harvinder Singh was also included in the five-member committee.
8. (d) Gairsain
Gairsain has been designated as the new summer capital of Uttarakhand, as per the recent announcement by the state’s Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat. The people in the state had been demanding to make Gairsain the capital of Uttarakhand for a long time.
9. (d) Perseverance
NASA has named the rover made for its Mars mission as ‘Perseverance’. NASA has scheduled a flight to Mars in July 2020.
10. (b) TIME
The TIME Magazine has included former Prime Minister of India, Indira Gandhi and freedom fighter Amrit Kaur in the list of 100 powerful women of the world of the last century.
11. (a) Nokia
Rajeev Suri has announced that he will be stepping down as the President and CEO of Nokia on August 31, 2020. After that, he will continue to serve on Nokia’s board as an advisor till January 1, 2021.
12. (b) 12 billion
The World Bank has unveiled an aid package worth USD 12 billion to help countries combat the coronavirus outbreak. The main aim is to provide fast and effective action to fight the virus. The funds can be used for getting the required medical equipment and health services. According to World Bank President David Malpass, the money will go to countries that request for help.