10 February to 16 February 2020: Jagran Josh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease with Current Affairs Quizzes section. The week’s updated quizzes cover topics such as official name of coronavirus, Oscar awards 2020, President’s Colour and FIH Star Hockey awards among others.
1. What is the new official name of coronavirus?
2. Which film became the first non-English film to win the Oscar 2020 award for ‘Best Picture’?
b) The Irishman
d) Jojo Rabbit
3. Which military unit won the President’s Colour this year?
a) INS Vikrant
b) INS Satlej
c) INS Shivaji
d) INS Shivalik
4. Pravasi Bhartiya Kendra has been renamed after which late Union Minister?
a) Sushma Swaraj
b) Atal Bihari Vajpayee
c) Arun Jaitley
d) Manohar Parrikar
5. What is the name of the Indian-origin scientist who is leading the research team to develop the Coronavirus vaccine?
a) RM Kapoor
b) AK Pillai
c) KL Kaletkar
d) SS Vasan
6. Who became the first Indian to receive IOC’s ‘honourable mention’?
a) Rahul Dravid
b) Anil Kumble
c) Pullela Gopichand
d) Ravi Shastri
7. Who has become the first Indian to win FIH Men’s Player of the Year 2019 award?
a) Vivek Sagar Prasad
c) Manpreet Singh
d) Jagmeet Singh
8. Who among the following was recently selected as the best emerging female player of 2019 by FIH?
a) Julieta Jankunas
c) Frederique Matla
d) Anita Mandal
9. According to the RBI notification, who will sign the new one Rupee currency note?
a) RBI Governor
b) Finance Minister
c) Finance Secretary
d) President of India
10. Who recently launched the ‘Step with Refugee’ campaign?
11. Which country will host the UN Climate Summit ‘COP26′?
12. Who has been appointed as Air India’s new Chairman and Managing Director (CMD)?
a) Rajiv Bansal
b) Arun Negi
c) Sanjay Jain
d) Manish Kumar
1. (c) COVID-19
Coronovirus has officially been named as ‘COVID-19’ by the World Health Organisation. The new name has been given to avoid the use of other names that may be inaccurate or stigmatizing.
2. (a) Parasite
South Korean film Parasite, directed by Bong Joon Ho, created history by becoming the first non-English film to win the Oscar 2020 award for ‘Best Picture’.
3. (c) INS Shivaji
The President’s Colour was presented to INS Shivaji by President Ram Nath Kovind on February 13, 2020 for its outstanding contribution in training modern-day Marine Engineers. The President’s colour is the highest honour that is awarded to any Indian military unit.
4. (a) Sushma Swaraj
Pravasi Bhartiya Kendra was renamed after late Sushma Swaraj on February 13, 2020. The Kendra will now be known as Sushma Swaraj Bhawan. The move aims to commemorate the late leader’s invaluable service to Indian diplomacy.
5. (d) SS Vasan
Indian-origin scientist SS Vasan is leading a team of scientists in Australia to prepare a vaccine for the treatment of Coronavirus. The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization of Australia is conducting the study.
6. (c) Pullela Gopichand
The coach of Indian national badminton team, Pullela Gopichand has been honoured with the IOC Coaches Lifetime Achievement Awards “honourable mention” for his excellent contribution in the field of coaching.
7. (c) Manpreet Singh
Indian Hockey Team captain Manpreet Singh has become the first Indian to win FIH’s Men’s Player of the Year 2019 award. He beat Belgium’s Arthur van Dorren and Argentina’s Lucas Villa to win the honour.
8. (b) Frederique Matla
Indian striker Lalremsiami was named as the FIH Women’s Rising Star of the Year 2019. She beat Argentina’s Julieta Jankunas and Netherlands’ Frederique Matla to win the award.
9. (c ) Finance Secretary
The central government will soon be introducing a new one rupee note with new security features. ‘The Government of India’ will be written in Hindi on the top of this note. The new one rupee note will be signed by Finance Secretary Atanu Chakraborty in both Hindi and English.
10. (d) UNHCR
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees-UNHCR recently launched ‘Step with Refugee’ campaign. Individuals participating in this campaign will challenge themselves to cover a distance of two billion kilometers in 12 months.
11. (b) UK
The United Kingdom will host the UN Climate Summit ‘COP26′ in November 2020. Indian-origin Alok Sharma, who is the UK Secretary of State will lead the UN climate talks.
12. (a) Rajiv Bansal
Rajiv Bansal has been appointed as the new Chairman and Managing Director of Air India. He is an1988-batch Indian Administrative Service Officer from Nagaland Cadre.