27 January to 2 February 2020: Jagran Josh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease with Current Affairs Quizzes section. The week’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Bodo Accord, Air India sale, Padma Shri Awards 2020 and Global Traffic Index among others.
1. The Indian Government signed a historic peace accord with which state’s insurgent groups on January 27, 2020?
2. Which Indian city has the world’s worst traffic, as per the Global Traffic Index?
a) New Delhi
3. Which state or union territory’s tableau was adjudged the best at the Republic Day Parade 2020?
c) Jammu and Kashmir
4. India’s Gita Sabharwal has been appointed as the UN Resident Coordinator in which nation?
5. Who among the following actresses has been selected for the Padma Shri award 2020?
a) Deepika Padukone
b) Kangana Ranaut
c) Alia Bhatt
d) Katrina Kaif
6. Which Indian theater personality has been selected for French honour of ‘Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters’?
a) Priya Chauhan
b) Vani Tyagi
c) Sanjana Kapoor
d) Aarti Khanna
7. The Supreme Court has allowed the National Tiger Conservation Authority to relocate which nation’s cheetah to a suitable habitat in India?
8. The Union Government has offered to sell its 100 percent stake in which airlines?
b) Air India
c) Air Asia
9. What is the name of portal government recently released to speed up construction works of national highways?
10. Which state’s assembly passed a resolution to abolish the Legislative Council on January 27, 2020?
b) West Bengal
c) Andhra Pradesh
1. (c) Assam
The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), the Assam Government and the Bodo Groups comprising the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) and All Bodo Students Union (ABSU) signed a landmark agreement on January 27, 2020. The agreement aims to rename and redraw the Bodoland Territorial Area District (BTAD) in Assam.
2. (d) Bengaluru
The city of Bengaluru was ranked at the top of Global Traffic Index, which was released recently by a Netherlands-based global provider of navigation.
3. (a) Assam
Assam’s tableau was adjudged the best among all the 16 participating states and union territories at the Republic Day Parade 2020. The tableau was based on the theme ‘Land of Unique Craftsmanship and Culture’.
4. (b) Thailand
The United Nations appointed India’s Gita Sabharwal as its resident coordinator in Thailand on January 29, 2020.The post is the highest-ranking in UN’s country-level development system.
5. (b) Kangana Ranaut
Kangana Ranaut has been selected for Padma Shri award 2020. The full list of Padma Shri award 2020 winners was released on January 26, 2020, on the occasion of the Republic Day.
6. (c) Sanjana Kapoor
Theatre artist Sanjana Kapoor has been selected for the prestigious French honour of ”Chevalier dans lOrdre des Arts et des Lettres (Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters).
7. (d) Namibia
The Supreme Court on January 28, 2020 allowed relocation of African Cheetah from Namibia to suitable habitat in India.
8. (b) Air India
The Union Government recently offered to sell its full 100 percent stake in Air India. The government has invited bids with March 17 as the deadline for the expression of interest (EOI) submissions.
9. (c) GATI
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari recently launched an online web portal called ‘GATI’. This portal will allow everyone to register complaints related to the construction of the national highways.
10. (c) Andhra Pradesh
The Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly has passed a resolution proposing the abolishment of the state Legislative Council. The ruling Jagan Mohan Reddy-led YSR Congress has a minority in the Legislative Council.