27 January 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Padma Shri award 2020, Grammy Awards, abolishment of legislative council and NBA legend Kobe Bryant among others.
1. Who among the following actresses has been selected for the Padma Shri award 2020?
a) Deepika Padukone
b) Kangana Ranaut
c) Alia Bhatt
d) Katrina Kaif
2. Who won the maximum awards at the 62nd annual Grammy Awards?
a) Billie Eilish
c) Lady Gaga
d) Lil Nas X
3. Which album won the award for ‘Best Rock Album’ at the Grammy 2020 awards?
b) Social Cues
c) In the End
4. Which state has launched ‘Shiv Bhojan’ scheme for the poor?
a) Madhya Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
5. What is the name of NBA player who recently died in a helicopter crash?
a) Stephen Paul
b) Russel Westbrook
c) James Harden
d) Kobe Bryant
6. Which state’s insurgent groups signed a peace accord with the Indian Government on January 27, 2020?
7. The Union Government has offered to sell its 100 percent stake in which airlines?
b) Air India
c) Air Asia
8. Which state’s Chief Electoral Officer has won the ECI award for providing accessibility to vote to persons with disabilities during Lok Sabha Elections 2019?
c) Uttar Pradesh
9. When is National Voter’s Day celebrated in India?
a) 24th January
b) 25th January
c) 26th January
d) 27th January
10. Which state’s cabinet passed a resolution to abolish the Legislative Council on January 27, 2020?
b) West Bengal
c) Andhra Pradesh
1. (b) Kangana Ranaut
The government of India announced the names of Padma Shri award 2020 winners on January 26, 2020. The list includes Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut, film director/ producer Karan Johar and Ekta Kapoor among others. The Padma Awards are announced every year on the occasion of the Republic Day.
2. (a) Billie Eilish
Billie Eilish won maximum awards along with her brother Finneas including best song and record of the year for ‘Bad Guy’ at the 62nd annual Grammy Awards ceremony in Los Angeler on January 26, 2020. She also became the first artist to win Album of the Year, Record of the Year, Song of the Year and Best New Artist in the same year after Christopher Cross in 1981.
3. (b) Social Cues
American rock band Cage the Elephant’s album, Social Cues won ‘Best Rock Album’ at the Grammy 2020 awards.
4. (d) Maharashtra
The Maharashtra state government launched the ‘Shiv Bhojan’ scheme on January 26, 2020. The scheme aims to provide a meal to the poor in just Rs 10.
5. (d) Kobe Bryant
NBA legend Kobe Bryant passed away in a tragic plane crash on January 26, 2020. Bryant is counted among the greatest players of basketball ever. He had played for Los Angeles Lakers for over 20 years and the NBA title five times. Bryant’s 13-year-old daughter Gianna also died in the crash.
6. (c) Assam
Home Minister Amit Shah, National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB), All Bodo Students Union (ABSU) and the Assam Government signed a historic peace accord on January 27, 2020. The Indian Government believes that the accord will bring peace in the region.
7. (b) Air India
The Union Government has announced its plan of selling its 100 percent stake in Air India on January 27, 2020. The government has invited bids with March 17 as the deadline for the expression of interest (EOI) submissions.
8. (a) Punjab
President Ram Nath Kovind conferred the ‘Best CEO for Accessible Elections’ award to Punjab chief electoral officer S Karuna Raju at a ceremony on January 25, 2020. The Punjab Chief Election Officer was honoured for providing accessibility to vote to senior citizens, persons with disabilities (divyang) and ill persons during Lok Sabha elections 2019.
9. (b) 25 January
The National Voters’ Day is celebrated annually on January 25. The day was celebrated for the first time in January 2011. The election commission of India was founded on January 25, 1950.
10. (c) Andhra Pradesh
The Andhra Pradesh Cabinet passed a resolution proposing the abolishment of the state Legislative Council on January 27, 2020. The ruling Jagan Mohan Reddy-led YSR Congress has a minority in the Legislative Council.