7 February 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as International Gandhi Award for Leprosy, novel coronavirus update and death of Al-Qaeda leader among others.
1. Who among the following won the International Gandhi Award for Leprosy in the individual category?
a) Dr. N S Dharamshaktu
b) Yohei Sasakawa
c) Damodar Ganesh Bapat
d) Satya Nadella
2. Who won the International Gandhi Award for Leprosy in the institution category?
a) World Health Organization
b) Gandhi Memorial Leprosy Foundation
c) National Leprosy Eradication Trust
d) Leprosy Mission Trust India
3. Which country has reported the highest number of novel coronavirus cases outside mainland China?
4. The military forces of which country have allegedly killed Al-Qaeda’s Yemen leader Qasim al-Rimi?
5. As per the 6th RBI bi-monthly Monetary Policy 2019-20, the retail inflation hiked to how much in December 2019?
a) 6.2 percent
b) 7.4 percent
c) 8.6 percent
d) 5.9 percent
6. Which state government will deploy drones to map villages?
b) Madhya Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
7. Which nation’s government collapsed on February 5 after a no-confidence vote?
8. US astronaut Christina Koch returned to Earth on February 6 after the record space station mission. Koch spent how many days aboard the International Space Station?
1. (a) Dr. N S Dharamshaktu
The International Gandhi Award for Leprosy in the individual category went to Dr. NS Dharmashaktu for his exemplary work towards fighting leprosy. The honour was presented by President Ram Nath Kovind on February 6, 2020.
2. (d) Leprosy Mission Trust India
President Ram Nath Kovind conferred the International Gandhi Awards for Leprosy to the Leprosy Mission Trust under the institutional category for its tireless work with the people afflicted by Leprosy for over a century.
3. (d) Japan
Japan currently has the highest number of novel coronavirus cases outside mainland China. The country reportedly has over 80 confirmed cases with 41 more cases being reported in its isolated cruise ship, Diamond Princess.
4. (b) US
The US forces have claimed to have killed Al-Qaeda’s Yemen leader Qasim al-Rimi in a major counter-terrorism operation. Qasim al-Rimi was the founder of the dangerous Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP).
5. (b) 7.4 percent
According to the 6th RBI Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy 2019-20, the retail inflation hiked to 7.4 percent in December 2019 from 5.5 percent in November 2019. In October, retail inflation was 4.6 percent.
6. (b) Madhya Pradesh
The Madhya Pradesh state government has decided to deploy drones to map villages. This will be the first time that drones are being used to make maps in the state.
7. (d) Romania
Romania’s government fell to a no-confidence vote in the Parliament on February 5, 2020 after being in office for only three months. Overall, 261 out of 465 MPs voted against the minority government.
8. (c) 328
US astronaut Christina Koch returned to Earth on February 6, 2020 after a record space station mission. She completed 328 days aboard the International Space Station, the most by any woman, surpassing previous record-holder Peggy Whitson’s 289-day record. Koch, however, fell short of Scott Kelly’s all-time US record by 12 days.