5 February 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Ram Temple trust, Janasevaka scheme and ‘Sustainable Development Tax’ among others.
1. What is the name of the trust that will be set up for the construction of the Ram Temple in Ayodhya?
a) Shri Ram Mandir Seva Trust
b) Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra
c) Shri Ram Sewa Samiti
d) Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Kalyan Kshetra
2. Which international magazine has named RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das as the ‘Central Banker of the Year-2020’?
b) The Economist
c) The Banker
d) The Fortune
3. Which among the following South-Asian countries recently developed a new classic swine fever vaccine?
a) Sri Lanka
4. Which state has launched the Janasevaka scheme?
c) Madhya Pradesh
5. Who has become the first Indian no.4 cricketer to hit a century outside India in four years?
a) Mayank Aggarwal
b) Shardul Thakur
c) Rishab Pant
d) Shreyas Iyer
6. Which country recently introduced ‘Sustainable Development Tax’ for regional tourism?
7. Daniel Arap Moi passed away on February 4, 2020. He was the longest-serving president of which nation?
d) The Gambia
8. According to the World Health Organisation, the cases of which disease can rise to 81 percent by 2040?
1. (b) Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra
The Union Cabinet on February 5, 2020 approved the setting up of Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra. The trust will be set up for the construction of the grand Ram temple in Ayodhya. PM Modi had made a statement regarding the same in the Lok Sabha on February 4, 2020.
2. ( c) The Banker
‘The Banker’, a magazine run by the Financial Times of England, selected Reserve Bank of India Governor Shaktikanta Das as Banker of the Year-2020 for the Asia-Pacific region.
3. (b) India
The Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI) of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) has developed a new vaccine to control ‘classical swine fever’. Earlier, this vaccine was sourced from England.
4. (d) Karnataka
Karnataka has launched the doorstep delivery scheme- Janasevaka scheme to provide citizens with easy access to important government services such as the issuance of ration card, health card, senior citizen card, driver’s licence and marriage registration certificate.
5. (d) Shreyas Iyer
Shreyas Iyer has become the first No. 4 player to hit a century outside India in four years. He scored 103 runs out off 107 balls during India’s first ODI against host nation New Zealand on February 5, 2020.
6. (a) Bhutan
The Government of Bhutan recently passed the ‘Sustainable Development Tax’ Bill. It allows the government of Bhutan to impose a sustainable development tax on tourists arriving in the country.
7. (c) Kenya
Daniel Arap Moi, longest-serving Kenyan President, passed away on February 4, 2020 at the age of 95 years. He had served as Kenya’s President from 1978 to 2002 amid political repression, economic stagnation and corruption.
8. (b) Cancer
Cancer cases can rise to 81 percent by 2040, as per a report published by the World Health Organisation on World Cancer Day (February 4, 2020).