4 February 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Union Budget 2020-21, new income tax rates, World Cancer Day and new natural gas reserve among others.
1. What is the new Income Tax Rate for those falling in the salary bracket of Rs 5-10 lakh?
a) 10 percent
b) 5 percent
c) 8 percent
d) 20 percent
2. Under the Union Budget 2020, the government has allocated how much amount for the education sector?
a) Rs 99300 crore
b) Rs 83500 crore
c) Rs 77900 crore
d) Rs 85300 crore
3. Which among the following sites will not be transformed into an iconic site under the Government’s proposal in Union Budget 2020?
4. When is World Cancer Day observed every year?
a) 5th February
b) 4th February
c) 3rd February
d) 2nd February
5. What is the name of the annual joint military exercise that began recently in Meghalaya between India and Bangladesh?
6. Which Indian state has declared coronavirus outbreak as ‘state disaster’ after three confirmed cases?
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) West Bengal
7. Who among the following was recently appointed as India’s High Commissioner to Sri Lanka?
a) Ravi Pujari
b) Ashwani Ranjan
c) Gopal Baglay
d) Devendra Awasthi
8. Which nation has discovered a massive new natural gas reserve?
c) Saudi Arabia
9. The Union Government has ruled out disinvestment in which among the following public sector enterprises?
b) Air India
10. A DNA Analysis Centre has been set up under the Nirbhaya Fund scheme in this city.
b) New Delhi
1. (a) 10 percent
The new Income Tax Rate for those falling in the salary bracket of Rs 5-10 lakh would be 10 percent, as per Union Budget 2020.
2. (a) Rs 99300 crore
The Government has allocated Rs 99300 crore for the education sector.
3. (a) Panipat
The Union Government has proposed five archaeological sites to be transformed into iconic sites with on-site museums. The five sites include Rakhigarhi in Haryana, Hastinapur in UP, Shivsagar in Assam, Dholavira in Gujarat and Adichanallur in Tamil Nadu.
4. (b) 4th February
World Cancer Day is observed on February 4th every year across the world. It aims to create awareness about cancer. The day emphasizes to identify the disease on early state with focus on the treatment of cancer.
5. (d) SAMPRITI-IX
The SAMPRITI-IX, an annual joint military exercise between India-Bangladesh, recently began in Umroi, Meghalaya. This exercise can play an important role in enhancing bilateral defence cooperation between India and Bangladesh.
6. (a) Kerala
The Kerala government has declared Coronavirus outbreak as a ‘state disaster’ after confirmation of three cases. The virus infection first broke out in China’s Wuhan city and has so far taken the lives of about 425 people.
7. (c) Gopal Baglay
Gopal Baglay has been recently appointed as the India’s next high commissioner to the Sri Lanka. He is 1992 batch IFS officer. He succeeded Taranjit Singh Sandhu who was recently appointed as the ambassador to the USA.
8. (b) UAE
The United Arab Emirates has discovered huge shallow natural gas reserves between the Emirates of Abu Dhabi and Dubai. The new gas field contains about 80 trillion cubic feet of natural gas.
9. (a) BHEL
The central government on February 4, 2020 ruled out disinvestment of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL). The Minister of State for Finance Anurag Thakur stated in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha that the government has not taken any decision for strategic disinvestment and privatization of BHEL.
10. (d) Chandigarh
A new state-of-the-art DNA Analysis Centre has been set up in Central Forensic Science Laboratory, Chandigarh. The centre has been set up under the Nirbhaya Fund scheme with an allocation of Rs 99.76 crores. It holds the annual capacity to examine 2000 forensic cases relating to sexual assault, homicide and paternity check.