28 January 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Republic Day Parade 2020 awards, Lala Lajpat Rai’s birth anniversary and Global Potato Conclave 2020 among others.
1. Which state or union territory’s tableau was adjudged the best at the Republic Day Parade 2020?
c) Jammu and Kashmir
2. The Supreme Court has fixed how much time to wrap up all cases of gender discrimination at religious places?
a) 21 days
b) 10 days
c) 20 days
d) 15 days
3. Saudi Arabia has refused to allow which nation’s citizens to visit the nation?
4. What is the name of portal government recently released to speed up construction works of national highways?
5. When is Lala Lajpat Rai’s birth anniversary observed every year?
a) 25th January
b) 26th January
c) 27th January
d) 28th January
6. Which Indian city is organising Global Potato Conclave 2020?
a) New Delhi
7. Which Indian theater personality has been selected for French honour of ‘Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters’?
a) Priya Chauhan
b) Vani Tyagi
c) Sanjana Kapoor
d) Aarti Khanna
8. Which state has become the 4th state to pass resolution demanding scrapping of CAA?
c) Madhya Pradesh
d) West Bengal
9. The Central Government has targeted to install 175 Giga Watt renewable energy in India by which year?
10. Which famous India actor will feature in Man Vs Wild episode with popular adventurer Bear Grylls?
a) Shah Rukh Khan
b) Salman Khan
c) Akshay Kumar
1. (a) Assam
Assam’s tableau was adjudged the best among all the 16 participating states and union territories at the Republic Day Parade 2020. The tableau was based on the theme ‘Land of Unique Craftsmanship and Culture’.
2. (b) 10 Days
The Supreme Court has fixed 10 days to hear all the cases related to discrimination against women at religious places including the Sabarimala temple. The top court had in its 2018 judgement allowed all women to enter the Sabarimala temple, irrespective of their age.
3. (c) Israel
Saudi Arabia has refused to allow Israeli citizens from visiting the country. The gulf kingdom does not share any diplomatic relations with Israel due to the ongoing Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
4. (c) GATI
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari has recently launched the online web portal ‘GATI’. This portal allows everyone to register complaints related to the national highway construction.
5. (d) 28 January
Lala Lajpat Rai’s birthday is celebrated every year on January 28. This year, Lala Lajpat Rai’s 155th birthday was celebrated. He was born on January 28, 1865 in Monga district of Punjab.
6. (c) Gandhinagar
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Global Potato Conclave 2020 in Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat on January 28, 2020. Scientists from various countries are participating in Global Potato Conclave. They will discuss important aspects related to the world’s food and nutrition demand.
7. (c) Sanjana Kapoor
India origin theatre artist Sanjana Kapoor has been selected for prestigious French honour of ”Chevalier dans lOrdre des Arts et des Lettres (Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters).
8. (d) West Bengal
West Bengal has become the fourth state to pass anti-CAA resolution on January 27, 2020. The West Bengal state government’s resolution demands that the controversial CAA law be repealed and NPR, NRC be withdrawn.
9. (b) 2020
The Union Government has targeted to install 175 Giga Watt renewable energy by 2022 to build a healthy planet with less carbon intensive economy.
10. (d) Rajinikanth
Rajinikanth will soon feature in a Man vs Wild episode with survivalist and popular adventurer Bear Grylls. PM Modi had featured in one of the episodes of the survival series in 2019.The episode was shot at the Jim Corbett National Park in Uttarakhand.