26 March 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as IMF’s policy tracker, centre’s Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana and new Walmart CEO among others.
1. Which organisation has launched a tracker to track policy responses by different governments to combat COVID-19?
2. The Union Cabinet has approved MoU between India and which country for cooperation in railway sector?
3. Sameer Aggarwal has been promoted as CEO of which among the following companies?
a) Walmart India
4. Which among the following four asteroids can destroy an entire city?
a) 2020 FV4
b) 2020 FP
c) 2020 FV3
d) 2012 XA133
5. Who has launched Stay Home India with Books initiative?
a) Home Ministry
b) HRD Ministry
c) WCD Ministry
d) Defence Ministry
6. When is ‘International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members’ observed by UN every year?
a) 26th March
b) 25th March
c) 24th March
d) 23th March
7. Which government department has allowed to use indelible ink to stamp home quarantine people?
a) Election Commission
b) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
c) Supreme Court
d) Delhi High Court
8. Which state government has started ‘social-innovation’ with the help of mothers to promote sports in the state?
9. The centre has announced how much insurance cover for healthcare professionals?
a) Rs. 50 lakh
b) Rs 10 lakh
c) Rs 30 lakh
d) Rs 20 lakh
10. FM Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced which scheme for the poor amid coronavirus lockdown?
a) Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana
b) Anna Purna Yojana
c) Griha Kalyan Yojana
d) Annadatta Sampark Yojana
1. (a) IMF
The International Monetary Fund has launched a policy tracker to keep a track of policies responses by different governments to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. (c) Germany
The Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi has approved the MoU signed between India and Germany in February 2020 for technological cooperation in railway sector.
3. (a) Walmart India
Sameer Aggarwal has been elevated as the CEO of Walmart India, succeeding Krish Iyer who is set to retire on March 31.
4. (d) 2012 XA133
Four asteroids are headed towards Earth, as per NASA’s Center for Near-Earth Object Studies (CNEOS). They include 2020 FV4, 2020 FP, 2012 XA133 and 2020 FV3. Among them, 2012 XA133 is 1,280-foot wide, even bigger than Paris’s Eiffel Tower, and can reportedly destroy an entire city if it hits the Earth.
5. (b) HRD Ministry
HRD Ministry’s National Book Trust has launched a new initiative called #StayHomeIndiaWithBooks initiative to encourage people to read books while staying at home.
6. (b) 25 March 2020
The ‘International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members’ was observed on March 25, 2020. This is observed to express solidarity with hundreds of men and women who have lost their lives while working for the UN since its inception in 1945.
7. (a) Election Commission
The Election Commission has allowed health officials to use indelible ink to identify people who have been home quarantined.
8. (a) Haryana
Haryana government is planning to take help of mothers of children to encourage their children towards sports. Seven departments including sports, women and child development are working to give a new direction to this social innovation.
9. (a) Rs 50 lakh
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced insurance cover worth Rs. 50 lakh per person for all employees working in the medical field for next three months.
10. (a) Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana on March 26, 2020. Under the scheme, 80 crore poor people will be given 5 kg wheat or 5 kg rice for 3 months. Apart from this, one kg of pulses will also be given.