21 January 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as 26th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards, three-capital proposal and new BJP National President among others.
1. Who has been elected as the new President of Archery Association of India?
a) Arjun Munda
b) Kiren Rijiju
c) Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
d) Vijay Goel
2. Which International organization has predicted reduced growth forecast of 5.8 percent for India in 2020?
a) World Bank
3. Which nation threatened to quit the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons deal?
4. Andhra Pradesh government has proposed to make which among the following cities as its Judicial capital?
5. The One Nation One Ration Card Scheme will be implemented across India on which date?
a) February 1st
b) March 31st
c) July 31st
d) June 1st
6. The Indian Air Force has inducted the first squadron of which aircraft?
7. When is National Girl Child Day celebrated?
a) January 21st
b) January 22nd
c) January 24th
d) January 25th
8. Who will be the Chief Guest at India’s 71st Republic Day?
a) Jair Bolsonaro
b) Donald Trump
c) Vladimir Putin
d) Boris Johnson
9. India was ranked at which position in the Carbon Disclosure Project 2019?
10. Which country topped the Carbon Disclosure Project 2019?
c) United States
1. (a) Arjun Munda
Arjun Munda was elected as the new President of the Archery Association of India (AAI) on January 18, 2020. He defeated his rival BVP Rao with 34-18 votes.
2. (b) IMF
The International Monetary Fund (IMF), in its January World Economic Outlook, has announced reduced growth forecasts for India to just 4.8 percent in 2019 and 5.8 percent in 2020. The report also predicted downgrade in the global growth forecast for the next two years and largely credited the slowdown to India’s slow economic growth.
3. (d) Iran
Iran announced on January 20, 2020 that it will consider withdrawing from the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT) deal if the dispute over its nuclear programme goes before the United Nations Security Council.
4. (c) Kurnool
The Andhra Pradesh state assembly passed the bill proposing creation of three state capitals on January 20, 2020. The bill proposes the development of Amaravati as the legislative capital, Visakhapatnam as executive capital and Kurnool as the judicial capital of the state.
5. (d) June 1st
The One Nation One Ration Card Scheme will be implemented across India from June 1, 2020, as per the announcement made by Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution. The all-India implementation of the scheme has been preponed from its original date of 30th June to 1st June.
6. (b) Sukhoi-30
The Indian Air Force inducted its first squadron of Sukhoi-30 MKI aircraft which are capable of carrying BrahMos supersonic cruise missile. The induction ceremony of the 222 ‘Tigersharks’ fighter squadron was held at Thanjavur airbase.
7. (c) January 24th
The National Girl Child Day will be celebrated on January 24, 2020. The day aims to create awareness in the society about the rights of daughters and to provide new opportunities to the daughters for their social and financial development.
8. (a) Jair Bolsonaro
Brazil’s President Jair Bolsonaro will be the Chief Guest at India’s 71st Republic Day. Bolsonaro will be arriving in New Delhi for a four-day visit to India on January 24, 2020.
9. (b) Fifth
India was placed at the 5th position in the annual Carbon Disclosure Project 2019. The project report has been published by a global non-profit organization.
10. (c) United States
The United States topped the annual Carbon Disclosure Project report with 135 companies disclosing their climate-related activities, followed by Japan in the second position with 83 companies and the UK in the third position with 78 countries.