20 March 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as coronavirus updates in India, International Day of Happiness and new government whatsapp chatbot among others.
1. Which state’s Chief Minister resigned from his position on March 20?
2. When will Janata Curfew be observed across India?
3. What is the name of new train launched by SIDBI for new entrepreneurs?
4. As per the International Energy Agency, which of the following countries is the third largest producer of electricity?
5. When is International Day of Happiness celebrated every year?
6. Who among the following was recently appointed as the India CEO of Salesforce?
7. Which Indian singer tested positive for COVID-19 infection on March 20, 2020?
8. The Union Defence Ministry has signed a contract with which nation’s weapons industries?
9. Who has set up a whatsapp Chatbot to respond to Coronavirus queries?
10. Which island is losing ice sheet six times faster than 1990?
1. (b) Madhya Pradesh
The Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Kamal Nath resigned from his position on March 22, 2020 ahead of the scheduled floor test. His resignation amidst his party’s reduced majority in the 230-member state assembly.
2.(b) March 22nd
Prime Minister Narendra Modi urged all citizens to follow a ‘Janata Curfew’ on March 22, 2020 to stop the spread of novel coronavirus. On the occasion, citizens have been requested to stay at home and avoid stepping out.
3. (a) Swavalamban Express
Swavalamban Express has been launched by Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI). It will start its journey on June 5 this year for new entrepreneurs. This train will run from Lucknow and cover 11 major cities.
4. (c) India
The Union Energy Ministry recently informed about the ranking of the International Energy Agency in Parliament. According to this ranking, India is the third largest producer of electricity in the world.
5. (c) 20 March
The International Day of Happiness is observed every year on March 20. The theme of this year’s International Day of Happiness is ‘Happiness for All, Together’.
6. (b) Arundhati Bhattacharya
Former SBI chairperson Arundhati Bhattacharya has been appointed as the CEO of Salesforce India. She will take over this post in April 2020.
7. (b) Kanika Kapoor
Baby doll-fame Bollywood singer, Kanika Kapoor tested positive for COVID-19 virus on March 20, 2020. She had a travel history to London.
8. (a) Israel
The Union Defence Ministry has signed a capital acquisition contract with Israel Weapons Industries (IWI) worth Rs 880 crore to procure 16,479 light machine guns.
9. (a) Central government
The central government has created a whatsapp chatbot to respond to coronavirus queries in the nation. This was shared by the National Pharmaceuticals Pricing Authority (NPPA).
10. (c) Greenland
According to a study, Greenland is losing its ice sheet six times faster than 1990. This information was released by the team of Ice Sheet Mass Balance Intercomparison Exercise (IMBIE).