19 February 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise current affairs questions related to the important events of the day. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Laureus World Sports Awards 2020, Health Card Day and Ra’ad-II Cruise Missile among others.
1. Which of the Indian sports personality recently won Laureus World Sports Awards 2020 in best sporting moment category?
a. MS Dhoni
b. Sania Mirza
c. Rahul Dravid
d. Sachin Tendulkar
2. When Soil Health Card Day is observed in India every year?
a. February 20
b. February 19
c. February 18
d. February 17
3. What is the status of House Sparrow in India as per the State of India’s Birds 2020 Report?
c. Strong Decline
d. Data not Available
4. Which country has recently successfully test-fired Ra’ad-II Cruise Missile?
5. Which Indian Institute has been recently named after Manohar Parrikar?
a. Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA)
b. Indian Institute of Advance Technology (IIAT)
c. Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM)
d. Institute for Agricultural Studies (IAS)
6. Ashraf Ghani won a second term as the President of which country?
c. Saudi Arabia
7. Which country is hosting the FIFA U-17 Women’s Football World Cup 2020?
8. Which Indian player has recently won gold medal in 87-kg Greco Roman category in Asian Wrestling Championships?
a. Sunil Kumar
b. Ajeet Pawar
c. Somesh Yadav
d. Arun Bhatia
9. Which Ministry recently announced to set up the Central Consumer Protection Authority?
a. Ministry of Finance
b. Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
c. Ministry of Food Processing Industries
d. Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare
10. When is the World Day of Social Justice observed globally?
a. 18th February
b. 19th February
c. 20th February
d. 21st February
1. (d) Sachin Tendulkar
Sachin Tendulkar recently won the Laureus Sporting Moment Award (2000-2020). Tendulkar won this prize for a picture that shows team India carrying him on shoulders after winning 2011 ICC World Cup.
2. (b) February 19
India observes Soil Health Card Day every year on February 19 because Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched first Soil Health Card same day on February 19, 2015. Farmers get detailed information about the health of their farm soil.
3. (a) Stable
The State of India’s Birds 2020 Report highlights that numbers of House Sparrow have declined in urban areas while it is stable almost everywhere in the country. The report also informed that declining of suitable nesting points and lack of insects (food) are major reasons for its decline.
4. (C) Pakistan
Pakistan has successfully test-fired conducted nuclear-capable cruise missile Ra’ad-II. This missile can hit a target in 600 km of range. Pakistan claimed that this missile can boost the military’s capability on land and at the sea.
5. (a) Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA)
The Government of India has decided to rename Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA) as the ‘Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses’. Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra in New Delhi has been also renamed as Sushma Swaraj Bhawan and Foreign Service Institute.
6. (d) Afghanistan
Ashraf Ghani has been elected as the President of Afghanistan for the second time. According to the Election Commission of Afghanistan, Ashraf Ghani has secured 50.64 percent of the votes as a presidential candidate. On the other hand, Abdullah Abdullah got just 39.52 percent votes against Ashraf Ghani.
7. (b) India
India is hosting FIFA U-17 Women’s Football World Cup 2020. The event will kick off on November 02, 2020. The five Indian cities that will host the event are – Navi Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Bhubneshwar and Guwahati.
8. (a) Sunil Kumar
Sunil Kumar is India’s Greco Roman wrestler. He recently won the Gold Medal in Asian Wrestling Championships in the 87-kg category. He defeated Kyrgyzstan’s Azat Salidinov in the final round.
9. (b) Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Ram Vilas Paswan recently announced that the Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) would be set up by first week of April 2020 under the Consumer Protection Act, 2019.
10. (c) 20th February
The World Day of Social Justice is observed globally on 20th February 2020 with an aim to promote gender equality and rights of the indigenous peoples and migrants.