18 February 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise current affairs questions related to the important events of the day. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as NADA, Moody’s GDP growth forecast and Shaheen Bagh among others.
1. Which Indian javelin thrower banned for four years by NADA?
a. Rahul Chhabra
b. Arvind Tripathi
c. Lalit Prakash
d. Amit Dahiya
2. Which international agency signed a loan agreement of USD 450 million with the Government of India to improve groundwater in the country?
a. United Nations
b. World Bank
3. Which Indian Union Territory will come under the jurisdiction of Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT)?
a. Daman and Diu
c. Jammu and Kashmir
4. In which of the following places a national conference based on the Pradhanmantri Fasal Beema Yojana was organized?
5. How much Moody’s reduced India’s GDP growth forecast for 2020 on February 17, 2020?
a. 6.2 percent
b. 5.4 percent
c. 5.8 percent
d. 6.9 percent
6. How many mediators have been appointed by the Supreme Court to hold talks with the protesters of Shaheen Bagh?
7. Which former Bengali actor and Trinmool Congress MP passed away on February 18, 2020?
a. Tapas Pal
b. Somesh Ghosh
c. Raghav Desai
d. Arjun Berman
8. Which country’s wrestlers will not take part in Asian Championship to be held in Delhi?
c. South Korea
1. (d) Amit Dahiya
NADA – National Anti-Doping Agency banned a national javelin thrower Amit Dahiya for four years due to disciplinary issues. He was found guilty of misleading NADA officials during a dope test.
2. (b) World Bank
The Government of India and the World Bank have signed a loan agreement of USD 450m to improve groundwater level in the country. This agreement will also help to curb the declining groundwater level in India.
3. (c) Jammu and Kashmir
Minister of State in PMO Jitendra Singh announced that Union Territories Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh will be coved by Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) soon.
4. (a) Udaipur
The fourth National Conference on Pradhan Mantri Fasal Beema Yojana was organized in Udaipur, Rajasthan. The conference was organized by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
5. (b) 5.4 percent
Moody’s lowered India’s GDP growth forecast for 2020 to 5.4% from 6.6%. Moody’s growth projections are depending on present calendar year. According to its estimates, India’s GDP growth in 2019 was 5 percent.
6. (d) Two
The Supreme Court-appointed advocate Sanjay Hegde and Sadhana Ramachandran as interlocutors in the Shaheen Bagh case. The apex court has informed that both interlocutors have to submit their report in a week.
7. (a) Tapas Pal
Former Bengali actor and Trinmool Congress (TMC) MP Tapas Pal passed away on February 18, 2020, in Mumbai. He was 61. He made his debut in the Bengali movie industry with Tarun Majumdar’s film Dadar Kirti.
8. (a) China
Chinese wrestlers will not participate in the Asian Wrestling Championships in Delhi as the Indian government has not issued visas to them due to the outbreak of Novel Coronavirus infection in their country.