16 March 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Madhya Pradesh floor test, Ranji Trophy Title winner and World Consumer Affairs Day 2020 among others.
1. Yes Bank will resume its full banking service from which date?
a) March 18th
b) March 16th
c) March 17th
d) March 21st
2. Which state government has introduced two schemes- CMAST and CMAT- to benefit the sportspersons and artists in the state?
d) West Bengal
3. Which state’s Chief Minister will face a floor test on March 17, 2020?
c) Madhya Pradesh
4. When was World Consumer Affairs Day observed?
a) March 16th
b) March 15th
c) March 17th
d) March 18th
5. Which team won this year’s Ranji Trophy title?
6. The centre will soon restore the statehood of which Union Territory?
d) Daman & Dui
7. Who has been appointed as the adviser to J&K Lt. Governor GC Murmu?
a) Shehbaz Ahmed
b) Baseer Khan
c) Tarikh Akhzer
d) Sharad Yadav
8. According to Jal Shakti Minister, ground water in India is contaminated with which chemical element?
1. (a) March 18th
Yes Bank will resume its full banking services from March 18, 2020. The bank tweeted saying that from March 19 onwards, customers will also be able to visit any of its branches during banking hours. They will also be able to access all its digital services.
2. (d) Manipur
Manipur state government has introduced CMAST and CMAT schemes to benefit the sportspersons and artists in the state. The schemes will provide pension to sportspersons aged 50 years and above and artists aged 60 years and above, who have competed at national and international events.
3. (c) Madhya Pradesh
The Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath will be facing a floor test on March 17, 2020. The state Governor Lalji Tandon issued a fresh directive notifying the same on March 16. The floor test was earlier supposed to be held on March 16 but it was postponed after the speaker adjourned the house till March 26.
4. (b) March 15th
The World Consumer Affairs Day was observed globally on March 15, 2020. The day is observed to protect the rights of the consumers. The theme of the day this year is “The Sustainable Consumer”.
5. (c) Saurashtra
The Saurashtra team created history by winning their maiden Ranji Trophy title on March 13, 2020 after beating Bengal in the final clash. This is the team’s first-ever title in 70 years.
6. (a) J&K
Union Home Minister Amit Shah recently announced that the statehood of Jammu and Kashmir will be restored soon with no change in demographics.
7. (b) Baseer Khan
Baseer Ahmad Khan was on March 15, 2020 appointed by the Minister of Home Affairs as an advisor to the Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir Union Territory, Girish Chandra Murmu.
8. (b) Uranium
According to Minister of State for Jal Shakti, Rattan Lal Kataria, the ground water in India is contaminated with Uranium at 30 micro-grams per litre.