Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) and National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) recently signed a memorandum for the manufacturing of Mahua Nutribeverage.
Mahua Nutribeverage: Govt to launch Mahua-based alcoholic drink
•Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) and National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) recently signed a memorandum for manufacturing of Mahua Nutribeverage.
• Mahua Nutribeverage will have high nutritional values with low alcohol (about 5 percent). It will be developed by Delhi-IIT and TRIFED. According to the reports, it will be available within next few months in various flavours.
• TRIFED and NRDC will manufacture mahua-based alcoholic beverage ‘Mahua Nutribeverage’ in the market within next months. According to the media reports, this beverage will be available in six fruit-based flavours. It will be available at price of Rs. 700 for a 750 ml. It is for the first time when Tribal Affairs Ministry is going to manufacture alcoholic beverages.
Music can heal delirium: Study
• As per the study published in a journal, American Journal of Critical Care, Music can reduce delirium. It is a type of acute brain failure with no effective treatment that especially affects patients on ventilators.
• The study revealed that serious patients who listened to relaxing music or slow tempo with 60 to 80 beats per minute had decreased need for sedatives, fewer days of delirium.
• Researchers believe that brain can be failed just like kidney or heart failure. However, there is no concrete treatment is available in this case. But, music has the healing power that can heal the effective area.
Punjab Govt launches ‘COVA Punjab’ Mobile Application
• The Punjab government has launched a mobile app called COVA Punjab to make people aware about corona virus (COVID-19) and its prevention and precautions. In this mobile app, travel related and other preventive measures have been told to avoid the corona virus.
• The Chief Secretary of Punjab Government Vini Mahajan said on this occasion that citizens should be aware of COVID-19 virus. It can be downloaded from Android or iPhone.
• This mobile app will help people to identify such symptoms which can help them to identify Coronavirus at early stage. People will also get information about the Special Nodal Officer for Corona in the nearest hospital and district.
PV Sindhu wins Sportswoman of the Year 2019 title
• Indian badminton player PV Sindhu has been voted BBC Indian Sportswoman of the Year 2019 through public voting.
• PV Sindhu won the badminton world championship in Switzerland last year. She became the first Indian woman player who won this championship. PV Sindhu has five medals in the World Championship.
• She is also the first Indian player to win a silver medal in badminton in the Olympics. She has been in the top 10 players continuously for the last four years.